Saturday 31 October 2015

Nayu's Recipes #4 Buckwheat Porridge Part 2

Buckwheat rules!! Picture source
As promised the other day in Nayu's Recipes Buckwheat Porridge Part 1 which explains why I am a new fan and how to prepare it, today I've got pictures of the soaked method. 
Tasty milk! Picture source.
When I measured out the buckwheat, I put 1.5x the amount of milk, as I wanted to some extra. I added a smidge of cinnamon, 
I use ground cinnamon, which comes from the cinnamon sticks. Picture source.
and my  beloved soft brown sugar! 
I love this pretty dish! Sadly not mine. Picture source.

I mixed the ingredients all together, and put it in the fridge overnight. 

In the morning I got out the tub,
Naturally it's a cute tub!

lifted the lid, 
Ooo, I spot cinnamon!
then tipped it into my bowl! I loved how the cinnamon and sugar infused both the buckwheat and the milk. I can be fussy with spices but the cinnamon wasn't overpowering. I did have it cold as I fancied it that way, but it'll be easy enough to heat in the microwave. 
Oh so tasty!
And there you have it, my version of soaked buckwheat! I'll let you know of any variations ^o^ Let me know if you try it, and if you've got any yummy cereal suggestions!
It so is! Making buckwheat porridge is baking related ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!