Saturday 10 July 2021

Nayu's Craft Time #322 I'm Growing Things!

 

Time helps things to grow! Keep reading to find out what is growing in these pots

 Hello! Been far far far too long since I've said hi. Yes I blame life for being it's crazy self. The really good news is at the end of the month, a major life thingy that's been going on for 18 months will be over! I may not get the outcome for a while, but I promise as soon as I get it, I will explain what's been so stressful since Feb 2020 - no it's not covid. I've kept quiet because it hasn't been resolved but I got news this week when the resolution will be. Honestly it's crazy stressful and I've hated every moment. To have a date that it will almost be over is amazing and I'm thankful to God that will be soon - truly I didn't necessarily expect it to happen this year due to covid. Yes I'm sure you're all curious but I will tell you when I can. Partly for my sanity I don't want to discuss it until it's resolved, and legally although I can't be identified online it's probably better than I wait until it's all finished before sharing anything. Sorry I can't say more now, but in August I should be able to! A few of my friends do know  what's going on, but if they can please keep it quiet I'd appreciate it. 


The seedlings started like this

 I'm trying to find the time to squeeze in more blog posts, life depending, of course. As the title and picture suggest I've been busy growing things! A few weeks ago I put 10 seedlings in two starter growth coconut coir/cuir towers. I love watering the discs and watching them expand. The fact I got some seedlings to grow feels like a miracle - just look at them now! 

This one may not make it...

 They are thriving in their full pot of coconut cuir soil (I got a small bag for my plants, its really nutritious but it really stinks when I first use it. Thankfully the smell disappears fairly quickly with an open window. The seeds like the smell as they are still growing! These will hopefully become flowering African Violets or Violas. I can't remember which and I'm too comfy to move and get the seeds. According to my phone they were planted 21st April. Bit worried about one seedling which looks like it may not make it, but 2 out of 10 is good enough for me! 

This one is doing well!

If the second second does perish I'll plant another 5, even if it'll take a few months to know if it has grown.

 

Growth when I first sampled the cress - I couldn't wait for it to grow taller.

Other seeds that are growing and almost at their full potential are my cress seeds! I started them off a few days ago, was a bit worried I'd put too many on the plant pot tray but they are growing well! Need to set another off today so I will have a constant supply of cress. In my grocery haul yesterday I got some plain white paper towels - I'm sure the ink on the one I used isn't harmful but would rather have plain white towels to grow the seeds on. They need watering several times a day at the moment as it's rather warm and the water evaporates fast.

Usually have more in a sandwich but I didn't have loads so this is what I did have!

 I'm enjoying growing my own cress - it tastes better knowing I've grown it from seed, with God's grace, of course. I'm not letting myself buy any more in my groceries so that I have to keep growing them. So long as I've the energy I'll plant some lettuce tomorrow too! Waking up and seeing how the the plants have grown overnight is something fun to look forward to. 

The latest growth - it is getting tall! Will try to remember to take pics of when they are seedlings this time.

Not done much craft recently, but I plan to try a new project soon as I have until the end of September to help out with that caure. More news in a few days (hopefully). I've been gaming lots and will compile a list of my most recent reviews soon. Time to ping across the photos for this post, and then gaming! 

Hoping my seedlings will look like the African Violet (or Pansy) on the right one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!