Sunday 19 July 2015

Nayu's Craft Time #45 Fairytales in future projects

Picture source
Fairytales are timeless and known all over the world. Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast - there are countless variations of classic tales in both literature and film, some with castles, some without. I remember reading a story about Snow White and Rose Red when I was little - I've no idea where the book is now. I've been in love with Disney's version of fairytales for a long time...although it took other versions for me to truly enjoy Snow White and the Seven Dwarves - thank you must be said to Once Upon A Time series which had me finally fall in love with Snow as well as Abie Longstaff and Lauren Beard who helped me like the original tale. 

At the moment I have extremely vague ideas about how I'll incorporate fairytales into my crochet projects. I'm sure various flowers and bows will be part of the item, maybe familiar colours too (yellow for Sleeping Beauty's ballgown along with some red roses for the beast's rose). All I really know is that it's a theme I want to explore at some point. 

I'd love to hear what your favourite tales are and if there's anything else you'd like to feature in my future projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!