Wednesday 23 December 2015

Book Review #1 One-Skein Wonders for Babies by Judith Durant


This was originally post on my other blog Nayu's Reading Corner yesterday, but I thought you'd like to see it as it's a knitting and crochet book! 

 September 2015, Storey Publishing, 288 pages, Ebook, Review copy 

Summary from Storey Publishing
This irresistible collection offers 101 original knitting projects for babies and toddlers — each using just a single skein of yarn! From mittens and hats to tees, sweaters, hoodies, pants, dresses, socks, and bootees, you’ll find the perfect wearable for every child and every occasion. You’ll also discover beautiful bibs, blankets, and sleep sacks, plus adorable stuffed toys, blanket buddies, and more. These beautiful projects were contributed by designers and crafters around the world, and each comes with complete step-by-step instructions and a photograph of the finished piece.

Nayu's thoughts
Sometimes knitters have an odd ball of yarn which isn't enough to make a big project, but a smaller one is needed. That's where this book is useful! The range of projects is extensive, including accessories, clothes, blankets, and of course baby items which as a smaller product suit using 1 skein.
Tada!
Here's what I did, a cute baby bootie! I didn't note down the pattern name because I thought I'd still be able to access it when I wrote the review. Unfortunately I've gone into the program and unlike novels apparently there was an expiry date so I no longer have this wonderful book. I will look to buy it in the future! 

The instructions are easy to use with large pictures so I had a good idea of what the finished product looked like. The ribbed effect meant I knitted the equivalent of two socks in one, so it took a fair amount of time to do. I'm not sure I'd use this particular pattern again, but I would look at some of the more complex patterns in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!