Wednesday 27 March 2019

Nayu's Craft Time #308 Organisation takes time

The sands of time...
I had originally planned a different post today, which you will get soon, but after spending the morning how I did, I thought it better to talk about how organisation can take a lot of time. I know it saves time in the long run, but it can take a while to sort whatever you need organised out. 

This morning I created a list of which books I need to read for review, made sure the ones I had proofs for were on my Kindle PaperWhite in a collection so I simply read from that list and don't have to scroll through a gazillion ebooks, and make a paper list of what I had and what proofs I was waiting for. 

It wasn't as simple as that (sort of) sounds. 

First to make sure I had all the books noted on Blogger I had to go through my emails, check the info then put in relevant notes into Blogger. If I know the date a book is reviewed I'll schedule it for that date. If I don't know the date, I put DATE UNKNOWN in capitals. I state whether I have the proof copy, and where it is (Kindle/bookshelf) and sometimes where it's from. This is relevant because if a book is from NetGalley (a site filled with loads of books for reviewers that publishers sometimes use to provide digital proof copies)  I need to put my review there once I've written it. 

Next I wrote the info down on cute Pusheen stationery, because it's Pusheen. For some reason I've either used/misplaced the donut holding Pusheen. But they did come in a set like this one. 

After that was done came putting the books onto my Kindle. This was a bit more complicated because upon receiving a digital book proof I immediately send it to my Kindle Fire. I recently acquired a Kindle Paperwhite because someone in my family got a newer version. I wanted one so that when I have trouble looking at screens (usually with a headache that invariably turns into a migraine) I can still read, because the Paperwhite device family is famous for not being a screen in the normal sense, and being like an actual book. 

Ebooks save so much space!
That process took a while because I hadn't done the process much, since I only got it recently, so I wasn't sure what I was doing. It took me time to realise I could press down on a book (either on the cloud or on my device) which gave me the option to directly add it to a collection, rather than try and find it in a long list of books/documents and add it that way. 

The end result is I have drafts in Blogger of the books I'm reviewing, a physical list, plus a collection on my Kindle Paperwhite. Organising all of that took time, but now I've sorted it, it will be quicker to add new books to the lists/blog posts. 

There are so many areas of life that can benefit for organisation. I love organisation, which my family is surprised by as I frequently look disorganised. However, organisation takes time to do, which uses up the precious little physical energy that I have each day. Therefore I only organise the most vital of things. I can organise to my hearts content in video game inventories, which is so much fun! I wish I could do it more in real life, but I make do with the very faulty body that God gave me, saving my energy for fun things like seeing family visiting from abroad, like I did on Sunday. 

It was awesome having them over, I haven't seen them for years, and the visit was far too short but I'll see them again next week before they return home. I'm mostly recovered, and doing things that I'll chat about in future posts. 

I hope you've enjoyed today's post, and would love to hear your organisation tips! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!