Wednesday 19 December 2018

Nayu's Product Review #10 Splatoon 2 keyring found in Aldi!

Please ignore the cat hairs!
Honestly this was the last thing I expected to see in Aldi. Aldi is known for having random items (some are branded, not that that matters to me) on the shelves, so I was shocked to find this Inkling in Squid form Splatoon 2 keyring. I'm enjoying the game a lot, more so now I'm finally doing the solo adventure portion instead of just Turf wars. That probably doesn't make sense to a lot of you: in a nutshell Splatoon 2 is an electronic version of paintball! Inklings have a human like form, 
This is the inkling girl amiibo (picture from online, I don't have any of the figurines)

and a squid form, exactly like the keyring. They are allegedly enemies of Octolings, who have a human form and who turn into an octopus.
This is the ocoling amiibo  I love the octoling girl so much! Their ink form is adorable (the pink octopus). Wish I could play as an Octoling permanently, but it's so far only available in the expansion pack (which I have).
  It is heaps of fun, I think it may be a Nintendo Switch exclusive, but don't quote me on that. 

I'm not going into detail about the game because that's a post more suited to my other blog, Nayu's Reading Corner, but I do want to chat about this keyring. I unfortunately don't have the packaging any more, but it was a blind bag gift, meaning I had no clue what the colour would be.

I was surprised at how good quality this is. The plastic is sturdy, it has the cute freckles on the 'legs' and features the suckers that are on them too. It feels a bit odd having the keyring in plastic which isn't the sturdiest, considering the chain is metal, but apart from that this is a high quality product which I'm very happy to have found in my supermarket. 

I love Aldi for it's random items that change frequently! Not so much when a food I like can't be found - I'm speaking to you, pink himalayan salt for £1 which hasn't been seen since I bought 1 pot! I'd love to hear what random products you find in your supermarket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!