Monday 6 August 2018

Nayu's Product Review #8 Yeo Valley's Limited Edition Baobab Yogurt

This is an amusing looking tree - looks a bit like broccoli

Before you think this is a repeat post from the other day (although it kind of is + it's the post before this one which I can't yet link back to because it's not yet published (this is me writing in the past (well present) but being published in the future...confused yet?), I wanted to do this as a separate post because including it in the last post would have made it rather long. Using the title I'm sure you can probably guess what type of tree this picture is of. You've guessed, it's a baobab tree! I've heard of baobab quite a bit over the past few years but have never tried it, so when Yeo Valley produced a limited edition flavour incorporating baobab I simply had to try it. 
Oh my word, it is AMAZING! I seriously love this flavour, it's like nothing I've ever tasted (apart from the vanilla part), and yes when I had it I immediately bought several more tubs. I don't know if I'll like it in other foods, but I most definitely like it in yogurt. 
 Baobab trees are super tall, live mostly in Madagascar and also in Africa, Australia, and Arabia. They can retain a lot of water in their trunk to help them survive droughts. The fruit reminds me a bit of both a coconut and a cacao bean. It has a range of nutrients and is often used as a powder (I'm guessing to put in smoothies and other food).  
Coconut

cacao pod with cacao beans
You can find more info online, but that's the basics of baobab. I'd love to know if you've ever tried, or if you will try it now! 
You never know what you'll discover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!