Thursday 7 December 2017

Nayu's Craft Time #263 Tonic Experiment

My tonic is usually without lemon, but still nice and bitter!
It's been a mixed week of outings, including lunch with a friend and routine doctor's appointment, and resting in between. The other day I mentioned a tonic experiment I was doing. Basically Sainsbury's changed the ingredients in their diet tonic water, excluding sugar in exchange for what I think is a sweetener. 
Sorry it's blurry, it's the only one close to the label I get!

I understand why they do that, and that doesn't bother me (although some sweeteners can give me a headache, which is often why I drink tonic in the first place). Unfortunately when I tried the new version of the tonic I thought I'd accidentally picked up this. 
Yes, lemonade, not tonic water. The new recipe diet tonic water tastes like it is the Sainsbury's lemonade, only without the lemons, of course. I've nothing against lemonade (just not keen on it these days), but I specifically drink tonic water when I'm not feeling well, for a headache or on general bleh days which are more numerous in winter. I like the bitter taste which just isn't in Sainsbury's new diet tonic water. Thus the experiment began. 
This one is very good! Although I'd rather non-branded for cost purposes...
The experiment is still ongoing, but so far Schweppes diet tonic water tastes like tonic water should! Yay! I've got Sainsbury's non diet tonic water to try (although by the rate they are removing full sugar squashes I'm not sure how long this may be available if it tastes right for me. Obviously encouraging healthy drinking is good...but personally I feel that only giving customers once choice of drink (reduced sugar/diet) is policing consumers a bit too much), as well as Schweppes non diet tonic water. I tried Waitrose in the past but didn't like it at all, and I don't really shop anywhere else, so don't want to go out of my way for just one product. It may have to be Schweppes, but that's better than nothing.
Still got this one to try! & 1 more
I'd love to know if you have a preferred brand of tonic water! I love the sharpness and the bubbles when I don't feel well, and staying hydrated is super important. 
Random pictures of the day - Puffins are such cute birds!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!