Monday 17 July 2017

Nayu's Craft Time #259 Cats get spots!

 
My gorgeous girl who I can wax lyrical about on Twitter a lot

Please note this post is my own opinion, and if you are at all worried about your pet's health please do see a vet. Some lumps aren't as innocent as simple spots.

Even if you're a cat owner, you may not know that cats get spots just like humans do. A few weeks ago I felt a lump on my cat Belle's chin. Of course the first thought for any lump is 'cancer!'. I was concerned because over the next few days it kept getting bigger - it felt like a pea, but seemed more like a football in my head. 

My family said not to worry, it's probably nothing. I searched online, which I recommend against if it's for human ailments as self-diagnosis is usually not a good idea for anything other than obvious ailments, and discovered that the lump was probably a spot. 
You can sort of see it in the centre of the circle
Over the next few days it went down - she'd scratched it so there was a scab. I discovered that spots can be like our spots (lumpy) or the blackhead kind - she doesn't have any of those. There can be a number of causes from spots, including plastic food/water bowls. 
Hers looks a little like this one I found online
The water bowl was a little rough, so I switched to a ceramic type one, which so far there's been no problems. I think there's been another spot on Belle's chin, but I'm not worrying about it now I know what it is. I won't be using spot cleansing solution or anything like that - if it becomes a major issue then of course she'll go to the vet, but for now her spots are just one of those things that happen and should go away on their own

This weekend was nice and quiet with lots of gaming, as I'd had a crazy week with unavoidable errands every day (I like at least 1 day at home between going out) from Tuesday to Friday, so I was a bit worn out. So far this week is a little quieter, so enjoying the break while it lasts! I have been working on my current project - more on that in the next post ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!