Sunday 9 July 2017

Nayu's Craft Time #258 Donut Yumminess, Crochet Progress & Life Update


Peanut buttery donut delight!!!
On a visit to Bath (the English City with the Roman baths) the other day my family treated me to 2 super yummy Krispy Kreme donuts! I've had the Reese's peanut butter one (with a lovely gooey centre), and I'm having the other one today, flavour I can't remember. I adore KK donuts (or duffnuts as they can be called in my house). I rarely have them - there's no Krispy Kreme shop near me, they are more expensive than supermarket donuts, and I absolutely refuse to buy them from Tesco - I don't like the store at all (no offence if you shop/work there). I've been busy with unfortunately necessary life stuff, as well as having lots of rest. I'm sorry for not being able to blog sooner but I have been busy! 


As well as the usual gaming, I've been reading some great books including the soon to be published novel The Rasputin Dagger by Theresa Breslin. I usually just link to the latest review on the right menu on this blog, but this is based quite a bit on a historical event. It's the best fictional account of the end of the Tsars in Russia that I've ever read, with a focus on Anastasia and her other sisters. I adore the Disney version of the story, Anastasia, 
Here's a handy image of the DVD with a summary for you
 and while I know that DNA has proved Anastasia did probably die with the rest of her family when they were killed (there's a horrendous scene at the end of The Rasputin Dagger when the royal family are taken away), but I like to imagine she escaped. The book focuses on a different character (with a lot of poetic licence involved as it's fictional, but a fair amount of historical accuracy too), and I highly recommend it. I'll be taking part in a book tour so will most definitely link that when it's up on my review blog, Nayu's Reading Corner

Not only have I been reading, I've been crocheting too! I sort of finished a blanket - I've got some decorating plans which require a bit more concentration than I've had lately. I will show you once it's finished, but that might be a while. I've already started my next project...
Progress by the end of Monday
I'm not sure how big this will end up, as I've only got a few balls of wool, but I'm hoping it can at least reach aby blanket size. I started it when I had my monthly craft day with a friend. She couldn't believe how many times I redid 1 one as I figured out how to join the squares together without sewing them: there's a particular crochet way to do it, which means no seams to sew at the end (minus the ends of each square's yarn in the middle). I haven't done it for a while, so didn't do it quite right at first. It has to be a different method for each corner of the square too, which took even more working out. Yesterday I managed to do almost 2 rows (6 squares), which is good progress considering I was busy gaming & reading too. 
Phone used for scale
Hopefully this post was worth the wait, and, barring any more unexpected life stuff (a lot will be up over the next few months but hopefully they won't affect my blogging schedule too much) my next blog post will be in a few days (or less!).   

If you want to know what I do between blog posts, please follow  me on Twitter - I'm @Nayuleska. I usually tweet a few times a day, and while this can be a lot of gaming tweets, I post updates of my crochet projects and random life stuff ^u^ Let me know if you're on Twitter too!
Hope yours has gone well! Cute bunny = always good to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!