Sunday 10 July 2016

Nayu's Product Review #3 Non-dairy milk



Happy Sunday! I hope that whatever your week was like today is a good day for you. When saving the file that I wrote this post in I put the month as April...no idea why! It's definitely July with vaguely warm weather.
 
Since I've been feeling bleh the last few days I haven't done any craft, but I have been thinking about my current patchwork projects. Maybe that's why my audiobook relisten is an Amish tale, which involves quilting! 

It's first in a series I highly recommend if you like family focused tales, good morals with lots of mistakes made, clean romance and of course typical Amish life, which always seems to be full of pie.

What else goes with pie? Milk!
I love the old fashioned bottles ^o^
Milk goes with everything, ornso I thought. Since the tummy bug/possibly out of date food induced illness the other week I couldn't tolerate my favourite drink, the white stuff. I've had that happen a few times in the past, and the length of time I was unable to tolerate dairy varied from a few days to a few months. Thankfully there is a broad range of non-dairy milk so I gave them a go! Here's my current top 5 non-dairy drinks! Generally I avoid the unsweetened ones as they aren't nice tasting in my view.

#5 Koko

This is pretty much just water and a tiny amount of coconut. It's drinkable, but isn't very exciting and not one I will go back to

#4 Waitrose original soya drink (not
unsweetened)
Sorry about picture quality, this was the best I could get.

This surprised me in being fairly tasty for plain soya milk, so happily goes on my rebuy list.

#3 Alpro Almond/Hazelnut milk
Tasty! Not my picture though.
 I've had both of these in the past and rate them highly as milk alternatives

#2 Breeze Almond Milk
Again not my pic
This one surprised me as I expected it to be ok, and it's rather delicious! I'm definitely keeping an eye out for it.

#1 Alpro Vanilla flavoured soya milk


This tastes like...
I'm not kidding when I say this is drinkable custard: it's smooth, fairly creamy, and is even a little bit yellow! I absolutely adore this flavour from Alpro, and will be drinking it on a regular basis, especially as I can't really eat custard every day!

I also recommend Alpro soya yogurts, the blueberry and cherry flavours which taste like ordinary milk based yogurts.
I can now drink milk again, but I've enjoyed the non-dairy alternatives so much that I will have cows' milk 1 x a week and non-dairy the rest! I'd love to hear if you've tried any of these, and if you have a favourite non-dairy milk drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!