Sunday 14 April 2019

Nayu's Craft Time #310 Muting on Twitter

These guys can do the actions for keeping quiet, but will they actually do it?
This a prescheduled post so I'm not sure how the weekend has gone for me, but I hope it is going well for you. I've wanted to post about this for a while in case you are a Twitter user and, like me, had no idea you could mute various words (possibly phrases, but can't remember) so subjects remain out of your feed. You can choose the time frame for this, so if you just want to avoid seeing sport results or people's thoughts on a certain game (first isn't what I do, but the second can be) you pick 24 hours. There's a permanent exclusion, and I can't remember the other one. 


The fact this feaure exists is blissful. I've used the permanent feature by banning Brexit (although I see headlines on BBC news app only when I want to see them), which can still be found if I do a search, and I think there are a few other exclusions where I will still see it, but overall it's a wonderful way to keep politics out of my Twitter feed. I've used the 24 hour mute feature too, when the terror attacks happened in Christchurch, I'd had enough info and didn't want to accidentally see any more as I'd reached my limit. It gave me time to take it all in, yet kept me updated if there was any urgent news. 

I'm certain Twitter will have help topics to show you how to use the magical mute feature, so suggest checking out it now while you think about it so you can easily use it in the future. I'd love to hear what kind of topics you'll mute about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!