Thursday 21 May 2015

Nayu's Craft Time #30 Experimenting with a new project

My life has been all over the place, just like this cute kitten's paws!
This week has been a bit crazy which is why yet again I've missed Tuesday's post out - I was ill Monday, so really tired after work on Tuesday. I wasn't entirely idle when I crashed out on the sofa with dvds - I made this! 
It's a sample square for my 2015 Summer collection Tutti Fruitti blanket. I tried both alternate colours for the border, and using the opposite colours to the big square where the small squares touch its sides. I've gone for the latter, as alternate colours don't look quite right. I know it's a bit hard to see the difference, as the colours are subtle, but hopefully you get the idea of what the blanket will be like. I plan on making several of these 'blocks' so it's kind of like a patchwork quilt. I've begun the first block, but I haven't got a picture yet for you. 

In time I'll make little blankets using any trial blocks which I crochet, as they are pretty in their own right and deserve to be used. Until then, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!