Saturday 30 June 2018

Nayu's Craft Time #287 We're in a heatwave! Yay?

You may want one of these!

Heatwave definition from The Met Office:  

a prolonged period of hot weather, which may be accompanied by high humidity. 
 
It's heatwave season - yay! I know many people and pets are struggling in the high temperatures we are having. As someone who feels the cold almost all year round I'm loving it! Or am I? 

During the day it is wonderful to need a minimal amount of blankets/most of the time none to keep my temperature faulty body happy. The problem I'm having which has affected blog posts & other activities is that I actually overheat in bed, and need my room to be quite cool. Unfortunately there hasn't been much of a breeze, and it's been far too hot for me. I don't have a fan which would disturb other family members, I can't have my windows super wide because I don't want Belle to get out that side of the house which is near a road, and there's the whole feeling safe and not worrying over a burglar getting in. 
 
What a lovely view! Sadly not mine.
Let's just say the hours of sleep I'm getting each night is less than optimal, leaving me drained all day every day (more than the usual).  I can manage 2-4 hours, unfortunately this isn't a solid sleep, but a sleep a bit, be awake a few hours, then sleep a bit more. I sleep more if there's a breeze which there just hasn't really been one. 

1 of the containers I use is this cute Pusheen thermos - I fill it almost to the top with cold water, then shove in a few ice cubes to keep it even cooler for longer.
I make sure I'm as cold as possible before bed. I drink and keep several cups/containers of water with lots of ice cubes in because it's refreshing and somehow I'm hoping my body will get the hint and magically get cooler simply from being in their proximity. I now stay up in bed later, in the hope the breeze will come and I'll be tired enough to sleep through more than 2 hours in a row.

I hope you are all somehow surviving the heat (or cold, which it could be where you are). Be sure to keep an eye on all fur and feather babies that you have (and other critters too). I usually add water to my cat's wet food anyway, which is an easy way to ensure she has some extra liquid. Here's an advice poster from the NHS. I've no idea if this is the most up to date advice, but I doubt much will change over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!