Sunday 3 April 2022

Ramadan 2022


 Ramadan Mubarak! Happy Ramadan to all those celebrating. The crescent moon was confirmed in Saudi Arabia on Friday so the first day of fasting in this holiest month of the Islamic calendar started yesterday. Due to health reasons I do not fast, I donate money instead. Ramadan celebrates the Quran being revealed to the Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him).It is a time to focus on God, prayer, charity and spending lots of reflection time. 

I love Ramadan ever so much! Mine is a bit different as I'm the only Muslim in my family and don't really have many Muslim friends. It's my first Ramadan in my own flat which is super exciting. I have several Ramadan goals, which are personal, and do include reading the Quran, but one I can share is I want to hand sew a Ramadan banner as a decoration. 


 

I may not fast in terms of food and water, but I do change what I watch and read during Ramadan to be romance free and focusing on good qualities. I have started my annual rewatch of the anime Princess Sarah, I have the French version as it was what was available and yes I understand French really well. I prefer the anime version to the original book which was published early 1900s because Sarah is sweet and gentle, whereas in the book she is a bit selfish sometimes. The anime Sarah is treated like a princess at a boarding school as her father is rich, she never is bossy or overbearing. Things change when she learns her father is dead (her mother died when she was a baby) and that the diamond mine that he had had, had indeed never existed. 

The headmistress of the boarding school wants to put her on the streets (it is Victorian England) but she is persuaded to keep Sarah on as a servant. Sarah is treated poorly, but is already friendly with the other young maid, Becky, as well as other friends in and out of the school. Due to a chance happening slowly Sarah's life as a maid begins to improve, until eventually her wealth is restored because the diamond mind did really exist, and her benefactor never stopped searching for her but didn't realise she was living right next door to him. It is a beautiful tale, with the headmistress being the antagonist as well as a snooty boarder whose personality is ugly.  The series is 42 episodes long, and I'm at the part where her father is dead. 

 I would love to hear how you celebrate Ramadan if you participate in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!