Monday 2 September 2019

Nayu's Craft Time #315 Cornflakes, Game reviewing and Other Stuff

It has rained a bit lately
Feeling a bit uninspired with titles, so hopefully you'll forgive me for that, and as usual for the longer than liked time between posts. Those who follow me on Twitter (link to the right of the post) know what's been going on with the pain clinic. I'm afraid of you who didn't see the news will have to wait a bit longer. I am still recovering from being ill over the summer, it is a slow recovery, online groceries are a must and I am waiting to be well enough to go visit friends again.

I know it isn't fair, but at the moment all I can think about is Hurricane Dorian. I am praying for all those caught up in it, as I would any disaster I hear about, but it has me extremely worried because a dear friend lives on the West coast of Florida. Her house was wrecked by hurricane Michael, there have been months of delays and she was due to move back in after nearly 1 year in various hotels later this month, and then Dorian appeared. I am worried for her safety, for the inevitable memories from last year, and superficially I don't want her house to be wrecked again. 

I am aware of my slightly selfish prayers, but believe me natural disasters are completely different when you know someone who is likely to be affected by them. It is all I can think of. I am trying to stay distracted but I check updates at least every 2 hours, sometimes every hour, although at the moment I am not sure why I bother because Dorian is moving at one mile an hour so change won't be fast. It is terrifying watching Dorian grow from a cat 3 to a mega strong cat 5 hurricane (cat 5 is the highest, although personally they should now make a cat 6 on the hurricane scale).

My dream house would have a gorgous swing like this!
I don't currently have the emotional capacity to talk you through the disaster of a hospital appointment. Let's just say for now it didn't go at all well and I am concerned about my future pain relief. Although I really am trying not to think about it because there are so many directions the situation could go, unfortunately just like Dorian which needs to start shifting north ASAP. My body hates stress and it means I have to try and rest more so I don't get sick.

Dorian has taught me a few things though: that storms have various speeds they pass by places - 1 mile an hour is super slow, which means the Bahamas are enduring Dorian for far longer than initially expected. 

I've learnt that scientists (albeit slightly nutty ones mean in the nicest of ways) take planes and through through hurricanes into the centre to gather vital scientific data which helps predict where the hurricane will go. I have to point out that weather prediction even in the modern world is still unpredictable and I do think the flap of a butterfly wing could change it's course, that's how fickle it is. I had the honour to speak on Twitter with an ex air force mechanic who explained about negative gravity: it is complex but the simple version is when winds are so strong planes look as if they are flying backwards. Yup, crazy. 


Time for some good news: there is enough doom and gloom in the world that I don't want to put you off reading my blog posts. Again this has been said on Twitter  - I really do post daily there because it is easier than a full blog post. I am officially a reviewer for the website Cubed3! It is a video game and anime review site who approached me the other week and asked if I would like to review for them. I checked them out and then said yes! I am currently playing my first review title, which is enjoyable although I am only playing when I have enough brain power to concentrate as I will need to pay more attention than normal because I am reviewing it. 

The review will still have my style, albeit a little more professional and without random anime/other gaming thoughts. Writing for a professional site is quite different to writing for my blog, but everyone on the team is super supportive and eager to show me the ropes. I expect it will take a frew reviews for me to find my feet, but I am thrilled to have been asked to join the team, and can't wait to share yet more fun games with you all. 

Those of you who still remember this post's title are probably wondering what cornflakes have to do with anything. I eat them for breakfast! Okay and this is a non-review because I feel something has to be said. I am enjoying Sainsbury's basic cornflakes which are 55p for an extremely large bag. They taste so yummy! 55p guys, it is a mega bargain. 

My point for mentioning this at all is that well, as some reviewers have pointed out, when you open the bag there is a musty smell which honestly is yucky. However, I generally do not sniff my cereal, and it doesn't taste as it smells at all. That's the point I wanted to make. 

I hope everyone has some happiness today at the start of a new week, despite the major life hurdles we all face. 
Credit to Princess Sassy Pants and Co.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!