Friday 10 June 2016

Nayu's Craft Time #136 Ramadan 2016 explained

As promised a few days ago I thought I'd explain about the extremely blessed holy month of Ramadan which Muslims like me celebrate each year. 

I say it all in a nutshell with a further look on various aspects in a post from last year on Nayu's Reading Corner
Some versions are tremdendously ornate, mine is extremely plain.
For those who don't want to read further it means fasting from dawn to dusk from food/bad habits/romance & other things. I can't fast for health reasons, but I absolutely love the spiritual buzz from this month. Although I'm listening to audiobooks without romance in while I do my craft, I also listen to a lot of the Quran, with English translation after the Arabic verses. 
I listen to this one
Sorry for not the best image, it was the best I could find online. The one I listen to is recited by Qari Wahid Zafar Qasmi, with the Marmaduke Pickthall translation. It's kind of an old sounding one, but it's what I like so I'm sticking with it! Unless I'm short on time I put it on a continuous setting so it will flow from one track to the next. A sentence is called an ayah, and a chapter is called a surah.

Again I advise reading my previous posts on it because I explain a lot there. If you've got any questions please do ask and I'll do my best to answer them! 
This is a Russian mosque, Qolsharif - isn't it gorgeous!!! I love the contrasting blue and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!