Saturday, 4 April 2015

Nayu's Craft Time #18 Competition & NCD's Etsy shop

Read on to find out what I'm making with this pretty range of yarn!
Competition
I hope you've had a good week. Craft wise I've been working on a new, unexpected project which I must tell you about. I don't consider myself highly skilled crochet wise. What I do isn't too complex, when it comes to the numerous stitches that can be crocheted, as well as doing crochet in rows rather than simple squares, but it's enough for me, so I never dreamed of entering a competition. However, when the online shop where I buy all my yarn announced they had a competition I got curious. 
Find out more here
You can find out all about it by clicking on the link under the picture. For those wanting a condensed version, there are 6 categories, you can enter as many as you like, so long as you take on board the main theme and produce a knitted/crocheted item. Me, I'm going for the rainbow theme, and I'm going to debut my emoticon blanket range! 
This is part of the prototype, hopefully you can see that this is the eye half of the emoticon. The competition piece is going to be more colourful and bigger. I'll keep you updated with my progress. I know I wasn't going to show you until I'd finished it, but I'm just so excited I had to share! Once my entry is made I simply do a blog post about it, then send the details on to Deramores. Simple! I have until the start of May, which is why my focus this month will be my competition piece.I forgot to say the prize is an extremely shiny £500 to spend on Deramores yarn! 
Yes please!
Very shiny. However, although I'm entering I'm not doing it for the prize (which, in all honesty, I dont think I've got a high chance of winning). Entering is more than a good experience. All entries get shown on Deramores website, which means some promotion for both this blog and my shop. Plus taking a peek at the 6 blogs who chose the competition themes means I've found 6 decent craft blogs which I can follow, and not have to worry if the posts will be regular. So it's win-win for me!

Nayu's Crochet Dreams Etsy Shop
I know that I'd hoped to have it up and running by now, but with unexpected health blips my launch date is having to be put back a little. I'm now aiming for the end of April! It will be worth the wait, I promise you that, and there'll be a fun competition for you to enter. It gives me time to make a bit more stock which is always good!
Until then I'm playing with yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!