Thursday, 19 March 2015

Gallery #2 Precious Dreams


Today's addition to the gallery is perhaps the most precious blanket I've made to do date. What makes it special isn't the colour (which is striking), or the border, one I created which probably won't appear on blankets I sell as it needs to be sturdier than it is. It's the fact that it was made for my favourite grandfather, who I was really close with, but died before I could give it to him on 31st December 2014. 

A close up of the colour and border
I'd been going to send it along with the news of me creating Nayu's Crochet Dreams (both this blog and my coming soon Etsy shop), which I know he'd have been thrilled about. He travelled the world frequently, understood my love of languages (and is partly the reason I've got so many French & Japanese anime), was always there and the same no matter what life threw at me. I miss him ever so much. He was the last of my grandparents too, so my family is now a bit smaller. However, the blanket is going to a new home of his wife. It's a bit complicated why she sort of is but sort of isn't my grandmother, but there's no one else I want to give it too. It had got lost in the post for a month, but because I posted it from work it found its way back to me and I'm waiting to give it in person. 

I've still got a bit of the yarn left so in time will make myself some fingerless gloves. There are many memories locked in my heart, and some Gorjuss cross stitch kits (the cute girl on this page is a Gorjuss girl) which once made will be in his memory too. I won't ever forget him or this special blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think of my ideas, creation, and ramblings!